I am running two one-day ‘Fast Start’ courses. They are called ‘Fast Start’ because they are intended to cut through the hundreds of pages of written material that are presented to photographers in their instruction books, and get you up and running in just one day.
Each course will cover the major topics you need to know to get started and move forward. Each topic is covered in sufficient detail so you understand and can apply the things that are important. It will be a full day, and is planned so as to combine classroom work with carefully designed practical exercises, so theory is quickly reinforced with practice.
The courses are aimed at the beginner, or those having some understanding but who still find things a bit unclear. No previous knowledge is assumed.
The two courses are:
1) Introduction to digital photography:
This course covers the fundamentals of taking photographs with a digital camera, including: camera controls and what they do, file types, exposure, aperture, shutter speed, lenses. Also, included is an introduction to managing your photographs on the computer, using Adobe Lightroom 4. Many practical exercises to reinforce theory
2) Taking better photographs. This course will look at what makes a ‘good’ photograph. The ‘rules of composition’ will be covered, and how they apply to different types of photography, for example landscape, people, garden and flower and others. Many practical tips and illustrations will be included, along with practical exercises to put the theory into practice.
Dates and Timing
The courses will be held between 9.15am - 17.15pm on the following dates in February and March 2013:
1) Introduction to Digital Photography
- Saturday 16th February 2013
- Saturday 16th March 2013
2) Taking Better Photographs
- Saturday 30th March 2013
Cost: £80 per person, per course
Location: The Shooting Lodge at Luton Hoo Walled Garden, located in Hertfordshire, just off the A1081 between Harpenden and Luton. The Walled Garden has a fascinating history and is rich in photographic opportunity. The Walled Garden will provide an excellent location for our practical work
Interested? please email me via the 'Contact me' tab.